Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Pewter oval mirror.

Like I said, I was in the process of faux finishing a small over mirror I've had for years to look pewter. I love pewter like no one's business, so when I was brainstorming as to what to do with this folksie little mirror, it seemed perfect to go with the aged metallic look.

Pretty easy faux, honestly. I painted over the flowers with white to help the silver pop. After two coats of silver acrylic paint dried (spray paint would also work, but I used what I had on hand), I stippled black paint over the entire thing, then raced the clock to wipe away the excess with a bit of muslin, and then fade it with a dry brush.

I'm more or less in love with it. :D

1 comment:

Wusel's... said...

Hi!
Dita painting is finished!
:-)))
I hope you like it!
:-)))
http://joeparthur.blogspot.com/2010/08/dita-von-teese.html