Monday, November 30, 2009

A year without restaurants.

So while I was watching the Food Network yesterday morning and lazily studying for a humanities quiz, I thought seriously about resolving to only cook at home for a year, with a few exceptions for birthdays and celebrations if need be. I know some people do this quite often, while others are understanding to my lifestyle because they live it, too: not enough time in the day to cook. But that's not really true, and I know it's not, because my roommate cooks pretty frequently and although she isn't working while going to school (my main excuse), she is still tied up in a college student's hectic schedule of class, homework, tests and studying (and a little playing to balance it all out).

And so I have found my New Year's resolution for 2010: to cook at home exclusively, using very little premade things (like cheating with frozen dinners, I mean) and taking the time to plan out menus and make grocery trips that aren't sporadic at best. It could be the worst idea I've ever had, but it's a challenge that I feel could help me feel healthier, challenge me to recreate dishes I miss, and to save up for who knows what.

No comments: